3/25/2009

The Sea

As I stand on this lonely beach,
The dunes around seem to teach
Me that which I have yearned
To know, lessons learned...
The sense that life itself seems to be
A gift given from the beautiful sea!

The awesome power of the sea
Reaches her hands out to me,
And fills my soul with anxious fear.
As the waves seemingly draw me near
To the depths of sailors lore,
As I stand on this distant shore.

I walk slowly along the sand,
Taking in the beauty of the grand
Spectacle that's all around.
I listen quietly, I hear the sound
Of a gull crying far against the sky...
The lonely distant haunting cry.

The many facets of blue wave
Reflect the things which I crave
To know about the endless sea.
Her beauty and power I can see
Reach far out to distant sky...
To the sound of the gull's lonely cry.